Enroll A Child
There is no fee for enrolling a child to have a Big Brother or Big Sister.
Does Having a Mentor for My Child Work?
One poor decision or action by a young person can rob them of their future opportunities and the chance for a happy and productive life. Youth matched with Big Brothers and Big Sisters are:
- • Despite the barriers they face, 94% of Littles said they have a lot or some confidence they will achieve their goals.
- • 90% of former Littles agreed their Big made them feel better about themselves.
- • 86% of former Littles agreed they lead a fulfilling life.
- • 72% of former Littlessaid they are satisfied or extremely satisfied with their relationships with friends.
- • 77% of Littles said they are doing better in school because of their Big.
- • 65% of Littles agreed their Big helped them reach a higher level of education that they thought possible.
- • 52% of Littles agreed their Big kept them from dropping out of high school.
- • 90% of Littles said their relationship with their Big helped them make better choices throughout their childhood.
- • 86% of Littles said their relationship with their Big has helped them make better choices throughout their adult life.
- • 76% of Littles said they learned right from wrong from their Big.
Child Enrollment Requirements
A parent or legal guardian must request the service for their child.
The child must be between the ages of 6 (enrolled in first grade) and 14.
The child is living in a single-parent household, with a grandparent(s), or in a household where one parent is unable to fulfill their role for some reason.
- 1. Fill out a contact form and someone from our team will reach out to you
- 2. Complete an application packet
- 3. The legal guardian conducts an interview with BBBSCA team
- 4. The legal guardian and child meet their Big!